1. All of Tesla’s car designs are open source. They started releasing their patents in 2014 for the advancement of electric car technology.
2. They aren’t all for super wealthy people. The Tesla Model 3 is available for $35,000.
3. Tesla Motors stock (TSLA) is the most shorted stock on NASDAQ. Some investors think its hype, while others believe it’ll be the new revolution.
4. Currently, Tesla has around 212 showrooms in the world which is far below the 4,000 Ford dealerships.
5. The Gigafactory is capable of producing 500,000 electric cars in one year.
6. There are 1,191 Tesla superstations with 9,184 superchargers around the world and more being installed.
7. The Model X weighs a little under 6,000 pounds which technically makes it illegal to drive over the Brooklyn Bridge.
8. In 2013, the Tesla Model S came with an all-glass roof and Musk has hinted that future models may include a solar roof.
9. Tesla does more than make cars. It also created a “power wall” that acts as a secondary power source if there are power outages in the area. It charges by solar panels and can last up to 7 plus days.
10. Despite only delivering 76,230 vehicles in 2016, Tesla Motors has amassed incredible market value, surpassing Hyundai, Nissan, Ford, and General Motors.
11. For a long time, it was totally free to charge your Tesla at their charging station, but recently they announced they will start charging for it. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes for a full charge.
12. Tesla Model S was the first electric car to receive the Motor Trend Car of the Year Award.
13. Tesla Motors has built the largest touch screen and interface panel inside a vehicle, measuring at 17 inches. The dashboard speedometer is also a digital screen.